Blogger.com is one of the best websites for writing blogs, but it has its drawbacks. Poor content creation tools, lack of customizability, and an old UI are huge problems. The best Blogger alternatives and competitors can provide a far better experience.
Some of the best Blogger Alternatives include Milyin, Medium, Ghost, and Weebly. Milyin is a versatile Blogger Alternative that provides ample money-earning opportunities and customizations. Medium has the widest range of successful creators as well. Ghost is an ideal Blogger alternative for customizing and styling content.
Some of the best Blogger alternatives provide the ability to stylize/format content, add media, and a lot more. You may also be able to earn money by writing on Blogger alternatives. Is that something that excites you? Well, lucky for you, I’ve curated a list of the 8 best Blogger.com alternatives and competitors for all intents and purposes.
Best Blogger.com Competitors
|Ease of Writing
|Starts at $50 per month.
|Starts at $29 per month
Milyin is best for making basic as well as advanced editing tools. You can start blogging from Day and earn money.
Milyin is open for all platform that helps everyone get represented on the internet. With its wide range of tools and robust tools for monetization, it is an ideal place for earning money. It is designed to be open to a wide variety of content, including blogs, stories, poems, quotes, articles, and more.
You can get started at Milyin with no restrictions. All Creators are monetized by default, allowing them to start earning money from Day 1. The earnings are based on ad clicks on the advertisements placed in your Creations. You can withdraw earnings once they cross the $1 threshold.
- Content: You can enjoy a wide variety of range of varied lengths.
- Media: You can upload images, videos, files, and various other forms of content. Besides, it allows you to easily embed tweets, Instagram posts, YouTube videos, and various other forms of content.
- Formatting: It allows you to format content by adding lists, tables, headings, and links.
|Complete control over the frequency and placement of ads.
|No app for iOS.
|Allows you to interact and socialize with other Creators on the site.
|Chat with other users or communicate in the comments section.
Medium is best for interacting with variety of Creators globally. It has some of the most popular writers globally.
Medium is one of the most popular Blogger alternatives due to its wide range of Creators and acceptance of content on many topics. You can use Medium to start your blog within minutes and gain a lot of audience.
Writing on Medium might be a simple way to make money online. When you convert non-paying readers into members, you receive payment from Medium based on how long users spend reading your content. For writers, joining Medium is free, giving them access to a sizable audience hungry for good content. Before you can get paid consistently, you must create high-quality material.
- Audience: One of the most active and engaging audiences worldwide.
- Authority: Medium being a well-established platform, means that your content has a higher authority and generally ranks well on search engines like Google.
- Monetization: It provides a straightforward monetization policy that meets the needs of everyone with ease.
|Ability to import content from other platforms
|Automated content distribution and marketing to grow your audience.
|Allows you to follow and interact with other writers on the platform.
WordPress is best for implementing custom variety of use casing and enjoying unmatched capabilities. You can setup sponsorships, merchandise, advertisements, affiliate sales, and a lot more.
WordPress is the most popular and widely used blogging platform, offering various customizable themes and plugins. With WordPress, you have complete control over the design and functionality of your blog. WordPress has something for everyone, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced blogger.
It’s easy to use, highly customizable and offers a vast library of themes and plugins to enhance your blog’s appearance and functionality. With its user-friendly interface and extensive community support, WordPress is a top choice for bloggers looking to take their blogging experience to the next level in 2024.
- Plugins: You can set up e-commerce, sell eBooks, create merchandise, and accept donations or sponsorships through various plugins.
- Guidance: The popularity of WordPress means you can easily find advice, support, and tutorials about any issues you may face on the internet.
|Allows you to create a highly niche-relevant website
|Not ideal for beginners.
|No-code solutions to modify pages and stylize content
|Set up an About The Author page to help people get to know you better.
Ghost.org is one of the most robust Medium alternatives for writers, with unique features, customization choices, and tools. Unlike other platforms, Ghost allows users to customize the UI design, allowing you to remove Ghost’s branding and replace it with your own.
Furthermore, Ghost has a proper visual editor for content writing without coding knowledge. This simplifies the content creation process and ensures that users can develop content rapidly and at scale. Configuring and getting started with Ghost is also a breeze.
- Integrations: Allows for easy integrations with Zapier, Slack, AMP, Disqus, Google Analytics, Typeform
- Analytics: Robust analytics and insights about your performance, paid users, and revenue. It also helps you improve your content for better growth.
- Earning: Native support for affiliate link placements, signup forms, and advertisements help users easily monetize their content.
|Support for custom fonts, styling, and branding.
|No lifetime free plan
|Designed to be beginner friendly and easy to use.
|It provides various built-in SEO tools for optimization,
Tumblr sis best for enjoying professional blogging experience and independence without having to spend money and rely on platform support.
Tumblr is one of the best alternatives to Blogger.com for writers who want free hosting and simple editing choices. Your blogs and posts can include various forms of content, including pictures, text, and links. They can also sort their posts into groups with names for greater accessibility.
The main problem with Tumblr is that it makes it hard to move content quickly between platforms. Also, they don’t offer any ways to make money. So, if you want to find the best ways to make money like Medium, you should not use Tumblr.
- Trending: The trending section covers the most popular content on Tumblr at any given instance. Giving you greater access.
- Hosting: Provides decent web hosting for all users to create and manage their content in the long run.
|Straightforward and beginner friendly.
|Lacks features for experienced writers
|Native apps for Android and iOS for greater accessibility.
|Strong sense of community and sharing.
Weebly is best for enjoying a robust page designer to stylize your blog, and create attractive graphics/visual effects with no coding requirements.
Weebly is a no-code page maker at its core, but it is also one of the best writing sites for a number of reasons. Besides, it also provides tools for growing audiences, like SEO, marketing, and lead generation tools. You could also use Weebly to make and sell your own goods and files as well.
They also make it easy to build your resume quickly, so you can show off your skills and abilities without knowing how to code. You can do a lot more than write on Weebly. You can add ads, social media buttons, emails, lead creation, and more to the content you write on it.
- Stats: It provides in-depth statistics analytics to help you better understand your audience and improve your content for growth.s
- Drag and Drop Builder: You are provided with a robust drag-and-drop page builder that allows for effortless content creation.
|Connects with your own domains easily.
|Not ideal for those who want only basic utilities.
|Entirely managed security and performance
|Shallow learning curve and is very beginner friendly.
7) Quora Blogs
Quora Blogs is best for enjoying distinct approach to blogging. It’s an ideal Blogger alternative for addressing specific questions and provide insightful answers.
When it comes to engaging with a curious and knowledge-seeking audience, Quora Blogs emerge as an exceptional platform. Far from the conventional blogging norms, Quora Blogs offers a distinctive approach to content creation and sharing. In this article, we’ll delve into the realm of Quora Blogs, exploring its features, advantages, and potential drawbacks.
Quora Blogs is a creative haven for individuals who enjoy sharing their expertise, insights, and experiences in response to questions posed by the Quora community. Unlike traditional blogs, Quora Blogs harness the power of Q&A, allowing bloggers to address specific inquiries while building their reputation and authority within their chosen niches.
- Expertise Showcasing: Quora Blogs enable bloggers to exhibit their knowledge and expertise on diverse topics, positioning them as thought leaders.
- Engaged Community: Capitalize their thriving community of readers and receive immediate feedback on your content.
- Viral Potential: High-quality and insightful answers have the potential to go viral within the Quora community, amplifying your visibility.
- Authority Building: Consistently providing insightful answers can establish you as an authority figure in your chosen field.
- Networking Opportunities: Connect with like-minded individuals and engage in meaningful discussions around your content.
|Provides a user base that actively interacts and engages with your content.
|Limited formatting and customization capabilities.
|Helps you connect with professionals and enthusiasts in your field and improve on networking.
|All blogs are SEO-optimized, providing you with greater presence and recognition on the internet.
FAQs – Websites like Blogger
Conclusion – Blogger Alternatives
We’ve shown you some of the best Blogger alternatives. If I am being honest, all of them are great, and there is not much separating them. However, some blogging platforms perform better than others for some very certain use cases. Our Conclusion will help you make the final decision.
|Best for earning money and creating a variety of content.
|Best for meeting and collaborating with top creators globally.
|Best for starting your own website and enjoying complete control.