Important Teaching Of Waheguru: Right Way To Live
The term Waheguru does NOT find any mention in Baani of Sikh Gurus but it comes in Baani of Kashmiri Bhatt Brahmins in Guru Granth Sahib and Bhai Gurdas ji Vaara.
The recitations of all the four ages subsume in Panchayan i.e. in the soul of the common man. Waheguru literally means ”Hail to God”
Guru Nanak taught us that one needs to have a submission to will of god. One has to do the deed, and rest should be left to god. Everything happens with God’s choice. And god will do what is good for us. We simply have to have faith, and walk on path of truth.
1. (Ik Onkar) religion: Guru Nanak has formulated that there is only one god. Despite various religions, there exists only one almighty. The deed is in our hand, but the result is not in our hand. Fearing the result we can’t stop our deeds.
2. We should always speak the truth without any fear. According to the Guru’s doctrine, the victory of truth is not dependent on ending or suppressing falsehood but in standing firmly by truth. That is why Guru Nanak Dev ji exhorts that to stick to truth and to remain on the side of truth when it is necessary is very essential.
3. Kirat karo ( Honest Earnings) Earning/making a living honestly, without exploitation or fraud. Naam japo ( focus on God) : Meditating on God’s name to control the five weakness of the human personality. Vand chako (Sharing with others) : Sharing with others, helping those who in need.
4. Everybody is equal before God, irrespective of gender, colour, caste or creed, and it is our actions which move us closer or further away from Him. Everybody needs a Guru. Make your Guru Gurbani, the Shabad, and not the ways of the world i.e. fame and fortune.
5. Revengeless: Like above point, it’s meaning is that God is Revengeless. But it teaches us to be Revengeless. Our nature has became like that, when some hits us one punch, we will in return hit him 4 punches. But what Guru Nanak Dev Ji teaches us. To forgive everyone instead of taking revenge for what they did. This topic is linked to how should we treat Bad People, that I’ll later.