Here are the Top 10 home home remedies and hacks for travelers that may come in handy:
- Ginger: Ginger is known to reduce motion sickness and nausea. You can carry some ginger chews or ginger tea bags with you while traveling.
- Peppermint oil: Peppermint oil can help soothe headaches and improve digestion. You can add a few drops of peppermint oil to a carrier oil and massage it onto your temples or stomach.
- Aloe vera gel: Aloe vera gel is great for soothing sunburns and skin irritation. You can apply a thin layer of aloe vera gel to affected areas.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar can help relieve digestive issues, such as bloating and constipation. Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with water and drink it before meals.
- Epsom salt: Epsom salt can help relieve muscle soreness and tension. Add some Epsom salt to a warm bath and soak for 20-30 minutes.
- Compression socks: Compression socks can help prevent swelling and blood clots during long flights or car rides.
- Hydrate: Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated, especially during long flights or hot weather.
- Sleep: Try to get enough sleep, especially during long trips. You can use a neck pillow and an eye mask to help you sleep better.
- Pack light: Pack only the essentials to avoid carrying heavy luggage.
- Stay organized: Use packing cubes or compression bags to stay organized and save space in your luggage.