- Top 8 Medium Alternatives For Writers
- Ghost.org Best to match Medium.com in terms of all features
- Milyin – Best for writers who want to create quality content
- Blogger.com – Best for beginners and inexperienced writers
- WordPress – Best For Writers who want high scalability
- Write.as – Best For people who enjoy writing their thoughts
- HubPages – Best for creating quick and easy discussions
- Tumblr – Best customization options and free hosting support
- Squarespace – Best for writing content as well as building websites
Medium is one of the most popular places for individuals to write content. Writers/Bloggers love its straightforward and easy-to-use interface that allows them to publish content in different formats.
However, Medium.com isn’t the best. There are many features and customizability options offered by other platforms that you can try. There are many better places to create and publish content. Some of the best Medium alternatives to earn money can also bring a massive increase in your revenue.
Here are the top 8 Medium Alternatives for writers like you.
Top 8 Medium Alternatives For Writers
|Name||Price (Lowest)||Monetization Tools||Earning Potential||Supported Platform||Link|
|Ghost.org||$29 per month,||Yes||High||Android, iOS, Web||Learn More|
|Milyin||Free||Yes||Very High||Web||Learn More|
|Blogger.com||Free||Yes||Low||Android, iOS, Web||Learn More|
|WordPress||Free||Yes (Only in Paid Plans)||Moderate||Android, iOS, Web||Learn More|
|Write. as||Free||No||Low||Android, iOS, Web||Learn More|
|HubPages||Free||Yes||Moderate||Android, iOS, Web||Learn More|
|Tumblr||Free||No||Low||Android, iOS, Web||Learn More|
|Squarespace||$12 per month||Yes||High||Android, iOS, Web||Learn More|
Ghost.org Best to match Medium.com in terms of all features
Ghost.org is one of the most robust Medium alternatives for writers, with features, customization options, and tools that are unlike any other platform. Unlike other platforms, Ghost allows users to choose the UI design such that you can easily remove Ghost’s branding and use your branding for your content.
But that’s not all. Ghost has a proper visual editor to allow for content writing without coding knowledge. This simplifies the process of content writing and ensures that users can produce content quickly at scale. Configuring and getting started with Ghost is a breeze as well.
- Some of the best features among all medium alternatives for writers
- Supports custom branding options to match your needs
- Product placements, signup forms, and advertisements help users easily monetize their content
- Allows for easy integrations with Zapier, Slack, AMP, Disqus, Google Analytics, Typeform
- No free plan makes it a terrible choice for newcomers.
Milyin – Best for writers who want to create quality content
Milyin is a new platform, but its earning and growth potential can’t be understated. Milyin is the best Medium alternative for writers due to its various tools, including a robust visual editor for writing comments, customization options to change the content layout, and easy monetization. You can choose between boxed or full with arrangements, add or remove headers, footers, table of content, and more.
With Milyin, users can create content in any genre and topic without problems. It’s completely free to join. It pays users on a per-click basis. Milyin is one of the top Medium alternatives to earn money, as it pays users $0.1 for every ad click on their content. The best part is that Milyin allows users to use monetization options like Google AdSense and Amazon Affiliate. Furthermore, you can change the frequency of ads being shown on your content (change ad frequency or completely turn OFF ads) to meet your revenue goals.
Their tools include adding disclaimers, meta descriptions, images, headings, blocks, URLs, and more to the content, allowing for a fantastic content writing experience with complete freedom.
- You can start earning from Day 1 and enjoy a predefined rate of $0.1 per ad click.
- Robust text and content formatting tools allow you to create content in the way you want
- Excellent UI makes it easy to manage, edit, delete, or clone your existing content.
- Allows interacting with other creators on the platform via comments, pings, chat, hashtags, and more.
- Only available on the web — Milyin doesn’t have an app yet
Blogger.com – Best for beginners and inexperienced writers
Blogger.com is simple, essential, and gets the job done. If you are looking for hassle-free writing and publishing, then Blogger.com is the perfect choice for you.
It’s among the best great medium alternatives for writers still learning the basics of blogging. It was one of the oldest blogging platforms in the 1990s. Blogger is aptly considered a precursor to WordPress and laid the foundation for all modern self-publishing sites.
However, it might not be an excellent choice for experienced writers who need advanced tools for their work. Furthermore, it doesn’t offer SEO tools for blogging.
- Trusted by many long-term writers
- Very reliable and ensures easy publishing
- The simple and easy-to-use interface makes it an excellent choice for newcomers
- Completely free to use
- Basic themes and personalization options to customize your blog
- Fairly basic SEO and blogging tools
- Low earning potential
WordPress – Best For Writers who want high scalability
WordPress is the most popular way of building sites. WordPress powers a significant portion of the entire internet. As a writer, you can look into their free hosting plans wherein you can create your blog as an alias of wordpress.com and customize it per your needs. This makes it one of the most effective medium alternatives for writers.
The primary benefit of WordPress is that if in the future you plan to scale up, it would be straightforward. You would likely start your site using WordPress.org and a domain name. WordPress makes it extremely easy to import/export content and become an independent writer. The ability to scale up makes WordPress one of the most fantastic Medium alternatives for writers in 2023.
- Completely free and very popular
- Allows easy scalability, allowing you to be prepared for becoming an independent writer
- A variety of themes and plugins will enable you to add functionality and make design changes easily
- Many free online SEO tools like Yoast SEO available for WordPress.org users
- Lots of support documents and forums allow for efficiently fixing any issues you face
- No monetization options for free plans
- Limited functionality and plugins in WordPress.com free plans,
Write.as – Best For people who enjoy writing their thoughts
Write.as is a platform for presenting and showcasing your thoughts. It does not intend to be a place to write blogs or make websites. Instead, it’s a place to showcase your thoughts and ideas.
It has tools to ensure you can quickly write and publish your content. It’s a minimalistic and distraction-free space for the writers. Write. It has no ads and maintains a clean, user-friendly dashboard. It also has a straightforward signup process, ensuring you can get onto creating content quickly.
Its major hurdle is the not very good support for videos, images, and GIFs. However, it’s still an excellent medium alternative.
- Great place to write your unique thoughts and perspectives
- Minimalistic UI ensures you never get distracted from writing
- Easy signup process
- Learn about other’s very unique and personal experiences
- Not a good choice for professional writing
HubPages – Best for creating quick and easy discussions
HubPages has a unique concept of focussing on discussions. It’s straightforward to monetize content on HubPages. With HubPages, your content would have ads from Google AdSense and Amazon Affiliate. For every conversion, you would be paid based on some predefined factors. HubPages is the best Medium alternative to earn money. Write.as is, therefore, one of the best Medium alternatives for writers.
HubPages is an excellent choice if you are looking for Medium alternatives while pregnant. It’s a great platform for sharing things like recipes or art and craft ideas. Furthermore, HubPages is a great choice to create unique content with various topics quickly.
- Completely free to use
- Supports unique content and allows it to flourish and gain attention
- Huge earning potential
- Plenty of stories about personal interests
- Not a great choice for professional writers
- Payouts are relatively lower than having your own Google AdSense/Amazon Affiliate account
Tumblr – Best customization options and free hosting support
Tumblr is one of the top medium alternatives for writers who want free hosting and easy customization options. Users can add images, text, and links to their posts. They can also use tags to organize their posts into categories.
Tumblr’s major drawback is its restrictions on quickly moving content across platforms. Furthermore, they provide no monetization tools. As a result, if you are looking for the best Medium alternatives to earn money, you must avoid Tumblr.
It can be an excellent choice for beginners with little to no experience who want to gain proper experience before starting professional writing work.
- Straightforward and beginner-friendly
- Completely free to use and provides decent Web hosting for your content
- Tools to assist new/inexperienced writers
- Supports a wide variety of content formats, including photos, videos, GIFs, and more
- No useful monetization options
- Lacks features for experienced writers
Squarespace – Best for writing content as well as building websites
Squarespace is similar to WordPress in many ways. They both support writing blogs for free and are best known for their abilities to help create websites. That’s why both of them are excellent Medium alternatives for writers.
Squarespace ensures that you feel like the owner of your content and can customize the look and appeal according to your needs. But that’s not all. Squarespace has advanced tools to ensure you never need to touch code and can easily create the sites and content with their advanced drag-and-drop tools.
Squarespace is an excellent choice for professional writing. It gives you the independence to use affiliate links, advertisements, and other methods to earn.
- Robust page builder tools allow for creating content with ease
- Supports all types of monetization options
- Allows you to have complete ownership of content
- Too pricey for beginners
- Lacks proper built-in SEO tools
Q. What are the best Medium alternatives for Writers, bloggers,s, and Creators?
There are many great Medium alternatives for Writers, Bloggers, and Creators. The best platforms provide robust writing tools easy to use interfaces with many customization and design features. The best Medium alternatives are:
Q. What are the best Medium alternatives to earn money?
Many writers earn a lot of money by writing on Medium.com. But there are far better alternatives to Medium with more features and higher earning potential. You can find many great Medium alternatives to earn money. Some of the platforms provide a variety of monetization tools and options to optimize your revenue. You can also look into earning money through story writing. Here are the best Medium alternatives to make money:
Blame, resentment, whining, and complaining are excuses we make when were not living the life we came here to live. ?? Live Optimistic...