Are you looking for ways to earn money through writing without being confined to Medium? Though Medium is a great platform for writers, it is always a good idea to explore other options. In this blog, we will introduce you to the top six Medium alternatives to make money writing articles in 2024. But before that, let’s get to know more about Medium and why it is essential to look for other options.
Medium has been a popular platform for writers to earn money through their articles. However, with increasing competition and changes in policies, some writers are looking for alternative platforms. In this blog, we will discuss the top six Medium alternatives where writers can monetize their skills and earn money through their articles.
Top 6 Medium Alternatives
1. Substack: Substack is a platform that allows writers to create and send newsletters to their subscribers. Writers can monetize their newsletters through paid subscriptions, sponsorships, and more. Substack takes 10% of the revenue generated by writers.
Substack: Substack is a platform that helps writers build their own subscription-based newsletter. It provides features such as editorial tools, design templates, and email delivery. The platform is designed to help writers build a community of loyal readers who are willing to pay a monthly or yearly subscription fee for quality content. Substack takes a small fee from the subscription fee and the rest goes to the writer. Monetization on Substack is easy, and it does not require following or audience reach.
2. Ghost: Ghost is a blogging platform that offers a simple and user-friendly interface. Writers can monetize their articles through a membership program, where readers pay a subscription fee to access exclusive content. Ghost charges a flat fee of 10% for this service.
Ghost: Ghost is a blogging platform that is simple, user-friendly and designed to make your writing look great.
Monetization on Ghost: Ghost does not have its own monetization program, but it offers many monetization opportunities. Ghost allows its users to integrate with payment and subscription services, so creators can monetize their Ghost sites with membership models, digital downloads, donations, and custom integrations.
3. Newsbreak: Newsbreak is a platform that allows writers to earn money by writing news articles. Writers can monetize their articles once they have published at least 10 articles and have 100 subscribers. Newsbreak pays writers based on the number of views their articles receive.
Newsbreak: Newsbreak is a platform that provides writers with the opportunity to earn money by writing news articles. Monetization is little similar to Medium, and it can be a good alternative platform for writers looking to make money by writing articles. The highlight point of this platform is you will get more views on your article within very short time.
4. Vocal Media: Vocal Media is a platform that pays writers to contribute articles on various topics. Writers can earn money through tips, views, challenges and engagement on their articles. A normal vocal write earn $3.8 for 1000 views and if you’re a pro member then vocal pay you $6 for 1000 views. A pro member also can participate in writing competition, which is the best part of this platform.
Vocal.media: Vocal Media is a platform that pays writers for creating content based on specific themes. The platform offers various ways to monetize including tips, curation bonuses, and brand partnerships. Their payment model is based on the number of views and engagements, which motivates writers to create engaging content.
5. Publish0x: Publish0x is a platform that allows writers to earn money through tips from readers. The platform focuses on cryptocurrency and blockchain-related content.
Publish0x: Publish0x is an up-and-coming blogging platform that allows writers to earn cryptocurrency through their articles. It offers a unique compensation model that rewards both readers and writers. Writers can earn from their tips, reading time, and promotional bonuses. The platform has a friendly community of crypto enthusiasts, making it an ideal place for writers who specialize in finance, investing, or cryptocurrencies.
6. LinkedIn: LinkedIn allows writers to publish articles on their platform and monetize them through sponsored content. Writers can also gain exposure and build their professional brand through LinkedIn.
LinkedIn: With over 700 million users, LinkedIn is a great platform for writers to showcase their skills and monetize their content. Its publishing feature allows writers to publish articles and access a wide network of professionals. You can also join writing communities and connect with potential clients. Monetization on LinkedIn is mainly through sponsored posts and paid subscriptions to access premium content.
These six Medium alternatives provide writers with various opportunities to monetize their skills and earn money through their articles. Each platform has its own unique features and benefits, so writers should choose the one that best suits their needs and preferences.
So which Medium alternative should you choose? It actually depends on you, your goals and preferences. If you want full control over your content and monetization, Substack and Ghost might be the best options. If you’re interested in writing news articles and building a following, Newsbreak is a great choice. Vocal Media and Publish0x offer unique incentivization models, while LinkedIn is ideal for networking and building your professional brand. Whatever platform you choose, remember to focus on producing high-quality content and building a loyal audience. Keep writing and exploring new opportunities to expand your reach and income as a writer.
Published: | Last Updated: | Views: 33