What is Pallet Stretch Film?
Why Use Stretch Film?
- Protection: It shields products from dust, moisture, and external elements.
- Stability: By tightly binding products together, it prevents movement and potential damage.
- Efficiency: Applying stretch film is fast, especially with machinery, ensuring rapid packaging processes.
Types of Stretch Films
- Cast Stretch Film: Known for its clear optics and quiet unwind, this film sticks only to itself. It’s resistant to tearing and offers excellent clarity, making product identification easy.
- Blown Stretch Film: This film is robust and boasts high puncture resistance. It’s perfect for loads with sharp edges but is noisier when unwound compared to its cast counterpart.
The Application Process
- Hand Application: Suitable for smaller businesses or light loads. Workers wrap the film around products, using the film’s elasticity to ensure a tight bind.
- Machine Application: In larger settings, automated machines or rotating platforms wrap the film around products. This method is faster, more consistent, and reduces manual labor.
Pre-Stretched vs. Standard Films
- It’s lighter and easier to apply.
- It results in less waste.
- It offers consistent wrapping tension.
Choosing the Right Film
- Load Type: Are the products sharp-edged? Are they heavy or light?
- Application Method: Will you apply the film by hand or machine?
- Storage Conditions: Will the wrapped products be stored outdoors or indoors?
Published: | Last Updated: | Views: 3