- Tautology: Use of different word to say same thing twice in the same sentence for example: It brought “joy and cheer” .
- Pleonasm: use of more words than required to express an idea or a meaning. For example : see with your ” own eyes”
- Circumlocution : the use of an unnecessarily large number of words to express an idea. For example- ” Holy mother of Jesus” that means mary .
- Onomotopaeia : use word to describe the sound made by all living things , people ,animals ,birds and all inanimate objects. For example the “boom” of the firework.
- Anticlimax or bathos : The usually sudden transition and discourse from sufficient idea to the trivial and ludicrous one for example; she lost her husband his her children and her handkerchief.
Published: | Last Updated: | Views: 4